Are you passionate about community engagement? The Heritage Community Association (HCA) is seeking an energetic Community Engagement Officer to join our team.
Terms of the Position: Part Time (approximately 26 hrs/wk, Monday – Thursday, with the occasional weekend or evening required).
Wage: $18 – $20 per hour, depending on education and experience
- Update HCA website regularly, as needed
- Post regularly (weekly at minimum) to social media (e.g., Facebook and Twitter)
- Develop and compile material for monthly email newsletter
- Develop, compile material for, and design (using InDesign) print newsletter (3-4 times per year)
- Update Community Signboards as needed
- Provide support to Executive Director to develop and implement new communications strategies
- Reach out to and develop relationships with businesses and other organizations in the community (including developing and maintaining Business Directory)
- Keep community information library and events bulletin board up to date and tidy
- Maintain up to date volunteer and membership databases
- Represent HCA at community events as needed
- Outreach to existing and potential volunteers including: Regular communication to volunteers and organize volunteer appreciation events as needed.
- Organize HCA events, including volunteer appreciation events, community information events, community celebrations, community clean ups, HCA Annual General Meeting, etc
- Provide respectful, friendly, accurate information to community members at the HCA office, over the phone and via email
Fundraising & Administration:
- Provide support to Executive Director with funding applications and reports as needed
- Provide support to Executive Director with program evaluation and Outcomes Measurement as needed
- Ensure the HCA office runs smoothly (including keeping regular office hours, keeping the office tidy, monitoring and ordering office and kitchen supplies, maintaining storage and shed inventories)
- Other duties as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work without supervision
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Computer skills (internet, word processing, spreadsheets)
- Graphic design experience would be an asset
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends to support meetings and events.
Please submit your application (including CV and cover letter) by Friday, April 18 at 5 pm, to email@example.com.