Job Title: Business Community Liaison Officer (Summer student position)
Terms of the position: HCA is seeking a student to fill the position of Business Community Liaison Officer. This position will be for approximately 30 hours a week for 13 weeks. The candidate must be a student returning back to school in Fall 2014.
The Heritage Community Association is seeking a motivated and self-directed individual who is passionate about local business as a key component of a thriving community.
The Business Community Liaison Officer will work directly with the HCA Business Outreach Committee and with local businesses in the Heritage neighbourhood. Specific tasks include:
- Update the HCA’s online business directory
- Develop and implement a survey of businesses to determine what they need from the community and the HCA, and what they can give back
- In collaboration with the Business Outreach Committee, plan a Fall event or campaign that promotes Heritage Community businesses and fosters stronger relationships between businesses and the community. This may include:
o Researching and securing a venue
o Volunteer recruitment and management
o Development and distribution of promotional materials
o Regular communication with businesses
- Additional administrative duties as required
Qualities and skills sought:
- Self-directed, independent worker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; can connect with strangers in a professional and friendly manner
- Passionate about promoting and supporting locally owned businesses
- Preferably has a personal connection to the Heritage neighbourhood
- Basic computer skills
Please submit your application (including CV and cover letter) by Monday, May 19 at 5 pm, to email@example.com.