The Heritage Community Association is seeking a Festival Coordinator for the 2014 Harvest Moon Festival. This annual one day multicultural community festival, which takes place in late September, draws together residents and other community members to celebrate the diversity of the Heritage neighbourhood in Regina.
Terms of the Contract: This term position runs from July to October, approximately 14 weeks, and would average approximately 15 hours/week, to a maximum of 210 hours. $18/hr.
Festival Coordinator Responsibilities:
– Prepare, submit, secure and display all required City of Regina permits for Festival activities;
– Identify and schedule festival performers, and work directly with the HCA ED in the preparation of contracts with performers, keeping records of all performer information, determine performers’ technical/other needs and ensure these requirements are available/in place during the Festival;
– Identify, secure and ensure technical requirements are in place for the Festival, and effectively respond to technical adjustments as they arise during the Festival;
– Coordinate and finalize Festival schedule
Fundraising and Sponsorship
– Identify potential festival partners, sponsors and donors (e.g. local businesses, corporate sponsors, community organizations, etc).
– Complete sponsorship applications and maintain all sponsorship records.
– Establish and maintain relationships with all community partners.
Marketing and Communications
– Prepare press releases and materials promoting the Festival; establish and maintain contact with print/radio and television media; and distribute promotional materials throughout the city of Regina, and in particular, the Heritage community;
– Acknowledge Festival sponsors and partners on Festival advertising and promotional materials, thank you letter/packages;
– Update the HCA website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed with Festival information.
– Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise Festival volunteers.
– Coordinate and facilitate volunteer appreciation.
– Any other duties/activities related to the Festival to ensure the successful staging of this multicultural community Festival;
– Assist with other HCA tasks as needed.
Festival Coordinator Skills and Abilities
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Self motivated with an ability to work without supervision.
– Computer skills (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets)
– Experience with budgeting.
Please submit your application (including CV and cover letter) by Monday, June 30 at 5 pm, to firstname.lastname@example.org.