The Heritage Community Association is looking for eight individuals to organize, coordinate, administer, supervise and evaluate recreation activities for our Boys Movin’ on Up and Girls on the Move after school programs. Both programs run on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. The purpose of these programs is to provide opportunities for fun physical activity to girls and boys ages 9-14.
Terms of the Contract: This term position runs from September 23 to December 9, 2014. There will be one paid training session, for a total of 13 weeks. $16/hour for 3 hours a week.
- Provide a safe recreational environment for participants
- Establish positive relationships with participants
- Ensure inclusion of all participants
- Facilitate group decision-making
- Supervise participants
- Resolve conflict effectively
- Manage program budget including organizing payment for weekly activities
- Plan and schedule weekly activities including transportation
- Participate in participant registration and evaluation
- Keep Executive Director informed of all pertinent information, including weekly reports and a final report
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding program information and updates
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of the challenges facing at-risk youth
- Group facilitation skills
- Administration (activity planning and execution, report writing)
- Leadership skills and self-confidence working with little or no supervision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing environment
- Be well informed of existing recreational opportunities in Regina
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to be a positive role model
This is an excellent position for University students! The ideal candidate will be pursuing a degree in a related field (e.g., Social Work, Education, Arts).
Please submit your application (including CV and cover letter) by Sunday, August 31st at 5 pm, to email@example.com.