Are you passionate about community engagement? The Heritage Community Association (HCA) is seeking an energetic Community Project Coordinator. This is a 30 hr/week summer student position. The successful applicant MUST be returning to full time studies in Fall 2015.
One of the main jobs of the Community Project Coordinator will be coordinating the sponsorship, marketing and volunteer recruitment for our annual Harvest Moon Festival. The position will also be researching feasibility of several small projects for the community.
Harvest Moon Festival
– Identify potential partners, sponsors and donors (e.g. local businesses, corporate sponsors, community organizations)
– Complete sponsorship applications and maintain sponsorship records.
– Work with the Executive Director to coordinate all marketing and communications for the festival. This will include creation and distribution of materials and creating content for website and social media.
– Recruit and schedule volunteers.
– Any other duties/activities related to the Festival to ensure the successful staging of a multicultural community festival.
Administration and Special Projects
– Perform research on community initiatives and best practices.
– Establish relationships with potential community partners.
– Provide recommendations around project initiatives.
– Provide respectful, friendly, accurate information to community members at the HCA office, over the phone and via email.
Qualities and Skills sought:
– Self-directed, independent worker
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills, can connect with strangers and professionals in a friendly manner.
– Computer skills (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets)
– Connection to the Heritage Community preferred.
Please submit detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 4 pm on Thursday, June 4, 2015.