June 12 – Sept. 29, 2017 (16 weeks)
Part-time (average of 19 hours/week)
The Heritage Community Association has an exciting job opportunity for someone who likes organizing and values cultural diversity, art, and local community! We are seeking a Coordinator for our Harvest Moon Festival – an annual neighbourhood celebration to be held on September 9, 2017.
– Identify potential partners, sponsors and donors (e.g. local businesses, corporate sponsors, community organizations);
– Complete sponsorship applications and maintain sponsorship records;
– Work with the Executive Director to coordinate all marketing and communications for the festival (including creation and distribution of materials and creating content for website and social media);
– Recruit and manage volunteers;
– Any other duties/activities related to the Festival to ensure the successful staging of a multicultural community festival.
Qualities and Skills Sought:
– Experience planning and promoting events and/or managing volunteers;
– Self-directed, independent worker with effective time-management skills;
– Strong written and verbal communication skills;
– Excellent interpersonal skills, can connect with strangers and professionals in a friendly manner;
– Computer skills (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets);
– Adept at using social media including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
– Connection to the Heritage Community preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 4pm on Wednesday, May 31, 2017.