Date : Saturday, September 14, 2019
Time : 12pm- 7:30pm
Location: corner of 11th Ave. & St. John St., and the German Club (1727 St. John St.)
The Harvest Moon Festival is an annual celebration of our amazing neighbourhood. It’s when we gather as neighbours to share food, music, dance, art and conversation. It’s when we celebrate our diversity, deepen connections with fellow community members, and take a moment to relax and have fun together.
Free entry into a number of draws with your participation! Please register for a passport to receive a free entry into a number of draws near the front doors of the German Club or near Art Park (corner of Halifax and 11th Ave.)
$1 hot dogs grilled by Carmichael Outreach, starting at 12pm til they run out. Proceeds go to their new building.
Main Stage (German Club, 1727 St. John St.) :
- 1150: Opening Prayer by Audrey Eyahpaise
- 12:00: Chinese Lion Dancers & Chung Wah Kung Fu
- 12:30: Khushi Indian dancers
- 1:00: Fada Dance
- 1:30: In place of Terrance Littletent will be Wally and Steven Jr doing a hoop dance joined by the Kawacatoose Boys with drumming and singing.
- 2:15: Comedy Magic Show from Pat Roth
- 2:45: German Club
- 3:30: Word up
- 4:00: The Radicalz
- 4:30: Regina Salseros
- 5:00: Performance from Playing for Change Band
- 5:40: Closing Service by the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
Beaks Chicken (1511 11th Ave.):
- 6:00 to 7:30: Kris Alvarez’ Golden Potluck (Doors at 5:30)
- Refreshments and snacks provided, but not a full meal. This is also not a true potluck; guests are not expected to bring any food. Kris will engage two “Older Ones” in conversation and storytelling about food, identity, culture, and family. Audience is invited to listen in, and share some food. Limited capacity, so come early.
- More details here.
We’re also excited to have numerous workshops and vendors join us.
Kid Zone (NW corner of 11th & Halifax; most activities will run from 1-5pm):
- Street Culture face painting
- sidewalk chalk art
- Regina Pats Mascot
- rock painting workshop
- felting workshop
- Playing for change: Feel the Rhythm
Bike Zone (St. John St. & 11th Ave)
This year we have invited many different types of vendors, including Regina Public Library, Carmichael Outreach, Sask Health Authority, Bike Regina, Bike Maintenance, Blood Saskatchewan, First Nations workshops, and much more!
Still Room for Vendors!
We have had some vendors unable to make this event; this is a chance for you to get in and provide information, service or products for our attendees of the 10th annual Harvest Moon festival!
To apply please direct your name of business, organization and what you are providing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently seeking buskers!
- Buskers- Will be allowed to collect money from passers-by
To apply, please send samples of your work to email@example.com.
Calling for Volunteers!
We are currently seeking volunteers to help throughout the day. There are a variety of roles and shifts available.
If you’re available to help for any portion of the day (10am to 9pm), please fill out this Volunteer Sign-Up Form with your contact information and availability. We’ll follow up with you from there.
For more information or any questions about volunteering, please contact Shayna at director [at] heritagecommunityassociation.com.
We would like to thank you all in advance! Without the amazing work of our volunteers, the festival couldn’t be successful year after year.
The HCA would like to give a big thank you to this years’ sponsors: