Dates: 8-week contract starting immediately
Hours: 30 hours/wk
The Heritage Community Association has an exciting job opportunity for someone who is passionate about local business and food security. We are seeking a Business Booster for summer 2020 to help independent businesses in our neighbourhood during the pandemic. The position will include coordination of a Sponsor-a-Meal program, as well as other activities to help promote and support our local economy.
Reporting to the Heritage Community Association’s Executive Director, the Business Booster will:
- Coordinate a weekly Sponsor-a-Meal program that encourages residents to order take-out or delivery from select neighbourhood restaurants, with HCA donating a meal to someone in the neighbourhood for every order. This includes:
- Recruiting and liaising with local business participants
- Handling all program communications and promotion
- Soliciting, managing and fulfilling orders for donated meals
- Coordinating a small team of volunteer delivery drivers
- Develop and manage a social media campaign to promote neighbourhood businesses, with a focus on those who do not have a strong existing social media presence
- Update HCA’s online Business & Service Directory
- Outreach to neighbourhood businesses for support with HCA initiatives such as our Community Cleanup
- Support with other administrative and outreach activities as required
Qualities and Skills Sought:
- Experience with project management
- Aptitude for data management using spreadsheets and Google Forms
- Strong capacity for social media marketing, especially Facebook and Instagram
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local small-business landscape
- Capacity to work independently, and to seek direction as needed
- Familiarity with the Heritage neighbourhood
- Capacity to work from home preferred, although we may be able to provide a work station at our office if needed
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is supported by Service Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs program.